Draw 'til It Hurts

I drew all weekend, so I'm feeling pretty good about that.  And I hate to be a little diaper baby about the whole affair, but now my hand hurts.  I must have had a death grip on that pencil/colored pencil/paintbrush, because it has led to muscle fatigue of the abductor pollicis brevis.  Yeah.  I looked that up.  I'm pretty tough though, so I'll probably be okay.  If not, don't worry, i'll talk about it.

The quality of the work shifted yesterday.  It became very natural, and turned out really well.  I'd show you guys the work, but I'm going to send it out to some literary agents now to see if I can get someone to help me get that crazy book idea of mine published, and I'd rather not publish the work myself just yet.

As a side issue though, I've learned of a possible paintbrush restoration method that may bring crusty brushes back to life.  I'm testing it, and then I'll let you know how it went, but the method is as follows.

  1. Soak the hard brushes in white vinegar for an hour (or since yesterday, in my case.)
  2. Bring the brushes, and vinegar up to a simmer in a sauce pan.
  3. Simmer for 10 minutes.
  4. Cool, and wash with soap and water.
I'm doing the heating part tonight.  I'll let you know how that goes.  I'm sure you're waiting with bated breath.



Comments

  1. It did not work. But I did manage to eat a hole through a stainless steel pan. I know, right?!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment