Anyway...

Sometimes...I Like to Make Things, 2013
Mixed Media on Illustration Board, ©E. Bell
I didn't blog again this weekend, did I?  Bummer.  I hate it when I do that.

When we last met, I was discussing my new book concept.  To the right you'll see a sample illustration.  I'm not entirely comfortable with the fact that it's a drawing of drawings, etc., but I'm going to learn to live with it.  I'm reacting negatively to the work within a work vibe as it is a bit stiff, but I recognize that it does serve a purpose, so it has grown on me.  As the first illustration of the book, this is an intro.  A prelude.  An overture - the purpose of which is to give the viewer/reader a taste of what is to come. 

This illustration represents a wide variety of art making techniques that are to be further explored later in the book.  Pencil shading, watercolor, colored pencil, collage, pastels, painting, crafts, clay, and photography (plus several other techniques not shown here) will  be addressed in a series of illustrations that guide children through ideas for how and why art can be made.

Over the next few months, I'll post some of the text, with the corresponding illustrations.  More on that later.

Comments