Oil on Board, 6" x 6"
Anyway...when I got home, I did make that list. I got a bit of a shock though when I looked it all over. There was a lot more than I had expected. I didn't know how many loose ends I'd left untied. It's no wonder that my brain feels like a swarm of angry bees.
The list makes me feel better. Probably because, I'm a list person. A list makes it all seem possible, and the joy of crossing completed tasks off is something that is hard to beat.
Paintings that I have started, but not finished, but WILL finish, hopefully by the end of 2012, but if not by...NO, by the end of 2012 - I can do it! - include:
- Chicago: Morning Commute (4') - all about the time I spent traveling from my apartment to my job at Chicago Children's Museum on Navy Pier, begun in 2004.
- 8 black squares (4") - featuring an odd collection of monsters and candy, begun in 2010.
- 4 tan squares (4") - with more monsters, begun in 2012.
- Love & Cheeseburgers diptych (2' each) - a failed attempt to make fun of romance, begun in 2006.
- A green square (18") - comparing the convention and the unconventional, begun in 2011.
- A blue square (18") - nonobjective right now, but I could see some other subject matter popping up on the top layer, begun in 2011.
- 4 small blue squares (6") - monochromatic, begun in 2010.
- 18-24 Little Boxes (4") - tequila shots, and gingham, and Oreos. Oh my. All begun in 2012.
- 4 small red squares (6") - pretty food, begun in 2010.
- A pink square (2') - sparkling pink and mud puddles, begun in 2009.
- 4 white squares (12") - with more monsters, begun this week.
- 3 landscapes (2') - like The Gray Square, begun 2011-2012.
- 2 QR code paintings (12") - with so many tiny squares, begun 2011.
- Stupid Cupcake Girl (2') - with a flaming neon background, begun this week.
- Just Love Me Boy (2') - in cool colors, begun this week.
- A doughnut (6") - with pink icing (so more pretty food), begun in 2012.
- A field of flowers (6") - blurry and colorful, begun in 2012.
Wow. That's 56 - 62 paintings. If you'll excuse me...I need to go paint.