Hiatus Excuses

Apparently I am still putting all of the other responsibilities and obligations in my life ahead of painting, and the only thing I can really say is that I guess it has to be that way.  There will be a couple 4 - 8 week periods a year where I just have to step away.


As for right now though, I haven’t been in my studio for months.  Instead I have been running around doing other things, all (gulp) career related.  They are as follows:

 

1) I directed a fantastic (if I do say so myself) high school rendition of Guys and Dolls.  Smash hit.  Praise and accolades galore for my kids.  I'm proud of the work we did.


2) I was finishing my portfolio for application to be a National Board for Professional Teaching Standards Master Teacher.

 

So I'm a busy teacher, and I'm a painter, and that's just how it has to be.  I'll get better at not neglecting the painting.  I swear I will.  And eventually it will feel less like I'm trying to eat right and become a natural part of my routine.  I'll just have to keep finding ways to make it all work together.  

But I'm back now.  I am headed to the art supply store this morning to grab a few things and the notes and sketches have been piling up, so it's time to get back in there and work.

Stay tuned.

Comments