A New Idea

Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Someone has to have thought of this before. Right? It's too good of an idea to not already exist. Let me Google this...

...Okay, I Googled it. I can't find anything like this. Bates Collage (go Maine) used the term for a video exploration of an art collection, but I didn't find anything like my idea.

Oh. Wait. I haven't said what my idea is yet. I do that. I do these long, rambling set-ups and disclaimers and preambles to prep for the idea or statement that's coming, while the listener's/reader's eyes slowly glaze over. Shit. I'm doing it again.

My idea - a series of 1000 word essays accompanied by one illustration. A picture and one thousand words. A picture, being literally worth one thousand words, and they go together.

Genius, RIGHT!?

In all seriousness, I think this will be a great way to explore the concept of how things can be greater than the sum of their parts. The essay, on its own, can exist, as can the illustration, but when they're combined, I anticipate magic. Anticipate? Maybe not. I hope for magic.

I always hope for magic. And sometimes, I even get it.

Comments