Ch-ch-ch-CHANGES

A few years ago, at a time when life had started to take on a bit more routine nature than I had been comfortable I wished for change. I had, up to that point in my life had a relatively good relationship with change, and I was sure that I needed some change to come into my life to keep things fresh.

Since then I have changed jobs, re-evaluated my artistic intentions, walked away from personal relationships that had become unhealthy, and built a new house. Change can be good, and change can be scary, but most of all change is exhausting. Things that could be done with eyes closed become an exercise in concentration and planning. What was once automatic becomes laborious and quite manual.

C.S. Lewis said, "It may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird: it would be a jolly sight harder for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg. We are like eggs at present, and you cannot go on indefinitely being just an ordinary, decent egg. We must be hatched or go bad."

I think I have to agree



Comments